Monday, December 18, 2006

celebrating adulthood

After celebrating my adulthood, there are whole heaps of plans waiting to be realized.
So many visions and so many dreams, when are they going to be carried out with determination and wisdom?
A good friend left me some notes and I'm translating them into English for my other friends to share:

「大個女」是,多點做事,少點藉口。

"Celebrating your adulthood" means , more to the works and less to looking for excuses.

「大個女」是,多點聆聽,少點發表偉論。

More listening and being less of an opinated bitch.

「大個女」是,多做爽快的決定,少猶豫不決。

More decision making and less indecisive.

「大個女」是,多微笑,少給人看面色。

More smiles and less long faces.

「大個女」是,多向人給予,少向人索取。

More giving and less asking for favours.

「大個女」是,under-promise and over-deliver。

「大個女」是,不會跟母親吵架,或對著緊的人發脾氣。

Won't unleash your anger to people that are close to you or quarrel with mom.

「大個女」是,毋須媽媽提點,也知道要注意健康。

Will look after your own health without mom's reminding words.

「大個女」是,你找到自己的風格,不會隨波逐流。

Locate your own unique style instead of following the mainstream.

「大個女」是,你知道現實的規則,不慨嘆懷才不遇。

It's also about understand the rules of reality instead of complaining your underminded talents.

「大個女」的精粹,其實就是多一點同理心與自律精神。共勉之。

In essence, it's about "common sense"(here i wasn't sure what she's referring) and sense of self-discipline.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

for your information, 同理心 means empathy. i always forgot to tell u~
gloria